Making the decision to move to a new location is an important choice, and it is critical that you have as much information about your new home as possible. If you are considering living in Harford County, Maryland, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo can help you make sure you have all of the knowledge and resources you need to ensure you are making the best decision for you and your family.
There are a variety of exceptional things to do, see, and enjoy while living in Harford County, and our team is happy to provide you with a complete guide to this area. From the history of the county to entertainment venues and everything in between, this guide will help you get to know your new home so that you can feel like you’ve never lived anywhere else.
Our guide is a part of the Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide created by Vinny Steo, one of the top realtors in Maryland. Vinny and his team want to put their years of experience and firsthand knowledge of the region to good use and assist as many home buyers as possible.
No matter what your goals are for moving to Harford County – new job, start a family, retirement – the realtors at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo will be your guide throughout the entire home buying process. Let’s start with some fun facts about the new county you will call home:
Fast Facts on Life in Harford County
- Included in the Baltimore-Columbia-Towson Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Population: 260,924 with a 3% growth since 2020
- Median household income: $60,476
- Averages 211 days of sunshine a year
- Havre de Grace (in Harford County) was once considered a candidate for the capital of the United States before Washington, D.C. was chosen
Best Places to Eat in Harford County
When it comes to dining options in Harford County, you will not be disappointed. There is an eclectic collection of restaurants throughout the county, so you can rest assured that you will never need to worry about getting bored with your food choices. There are breweries, cafes, fine dining, and waterfront restaurants that each offer a unique experience catering to their clientele.
If you are interested in some international dining options, then Harford County, Maryland, is sure to please your palate. You may consider making a reservation at any of these local eateries: La Tolteca, Island Spice Grille & Lounge, Bamboo Garden, Greek Village Restaurant & Lounge, Prost German Restaurant, or Uncle’s Hawaiian Grindz. There are also plenty of options for American fare as well as everyone’s favorite, pizza!
One of the highlights, though, of living so close to the Chesapeake Bay is the prevalence of fresh seafood as well as waterfront dining.
Some of your great options include:
- MacGregor’s Restaurant & Catering: If you are looking for a fish-focused upscale dining experience, MacGregor’s Restaurant may be the perfect place. It is located on the waterfront of the Susquehanna River in Havre de Grace, MD, and is sure to delight your palate with delectable seafood dishes such as Maryland crab cakes, stuffed flounder, crab and shrimp remick, and huli-huli salmon.
- Tidewater Grille: When you want a choice of a fine dining experience or a relaxing atmosphere, you can enjoy both at Tidewater Grille. There are views of the Chesapeake Bay no matter where you sit, and you can choose among a variety of seating locations for your meal, including the 2 outside decks, the 4-seasons porch, the dining room, or the bar. While you enjoy your food, you can also be entertained by live bands on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Water’s Edge Restaurant & Bata Bar: This is a private membership dining club that showcases Chef Manny’s award-winning specialties and light fare. There is also the Bata Bar Veranda that provides diners with amazing views of the water as well as the opportunity to walk along the pier for a picturesque sunset view.
- Water Street Seafood: If you want a place where classy meets casual, this is the place for you! The owners welcome patrons to visit their eating establishment wearing casual clothing and still enjoy a fine dining experience. They reciprocate the casual experience by often providing customers their wine or beer in a Solo cup. Since they are located on the waterfront, you can expect great seafood options such as linguine with clams, Water Street cioppino, and Spanish octopus/.
You can find a complete list of restaurants, bars, cafes, and eateries in Harford County in our full relocation guide.
Best Things to Do in Harford County
One of the best aspects of living in Harford County is the variety of trail experiences that are available to you. The county has cultivated several different types of trails for you and your family to explore and create a unique adventure. These include the Mural Trail, Barn Quilt Trail, Libation Trail, Ice Cream Trail, and Golf Trail.
There are plenty of options for you to explore learning more about the history and culture of Harford County. Some of the top locations include the Aberdeen Historical Museum, Bahoukas Antique Mall and Beer MuZeum, Bel Air Armory, and the Concord Point Lighthouse.
When you are looking for something fun to do with the kids, there are several options that are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face. Some of these include Annie’s Playground, Bear Legacy Adventure Trail, Churchville Golf Center, and Camp Hidden Valley.
What Parks and Trails Are in Harford County?
If you and your family are outdoor adventurers, then Harford County has local and state parks, nature centers, and gardens to keep you entertained for years. In fact, there are 89 county parks and 3 state parks to explore!
One of the best parts of living in Harford County is the fact that you can visit woods, waterfront, and trails with unique features throughout each of them. There is something for everyone when it comes to the parks and trails throughout this county in Maryland. Some of the highlights to visit are Aberdeen Festival Park, Bynum Run Park, Conowingo Fisherman’s Park, Gunpowder Falls State Park, Kilgore Falls/Falling Branch Area, and the Lyn Stacie Getz Creative Playground.
You can find even more exciting locations and local attractions to visit in the Maryland Relocation Guide so that you never run out of ideas for family trips in your own backyard.
What Is the Job Market Like?
Moving to Harford County means that you will be located in an area of the United States where the unemployment rate is lower than the national average (5% compared to 6%), and job growth has been positive, increasing 0.6% in the last year. In those jobs, the average salary throughout the county is over $81,000.
The top paying industries include management of companies and enterprises, architecture, and engineering. The outlook for future job growth in the county is 31.20%.
Interested in working for some of the top employers in Harford County? Check out these local companies:
- Aberdeen Proving Ground: Company provides military installation as well as research and development services.
- Upper Chesapeake Health: Medical services are rendered with this employer.
- Rite Aid Mid-Atlantic Customer Support Center: Company does distribution of pharmaceutical products and health-related consumer goods.
- Kohl’s: Retail and consumer goods distribution company.
There are a wide variety of employment opportunities throughout the county, depending on your particular areas of expertise and experience.
Are There Good Schools?
As any parent is well-aware, it is important to move to a location that has great schools for their children at every age. In Harford County, you will find 32 elementary schools, 9 middle schools, 10 high schools, and 1 charter school. There are several private schools in the area, specializing in faith-based learning environments as well as one which devotes its attention to students with dyslexia, ADHD, and language-based learning differences.
Once your kids move beyond the high school level, Harford County (specifically Churchville, MD) has the Harford Community College which offers a variety of 2-year associate degrees and vocational programs. The college has recently begun to offer enhanced offerings thanks to partnerships with local 4-year colleges.
Students can obtain credit at those institutions while attending classes on the local campus. Towson University Harford Campus is one such institution where students can get a 4-year degree once they have completed all credits at Harford Community College.
Ready to Move? Vinny Steo and His Team Can Help You!
As you can see, Harford County has so much to offer those who are considering making it their new home. If you want even more detailed information about everything you will need to know before moving to Harford County, simply fill out the form below with the requested information to receive the Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide at absolutely no cost!
If you are ready to make the investment of living in Harford County, be sure to contact the real estate experts at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo to make the experience as easy and stress-free as possible. Vinny Steo and his team have the knowledge, skills, and expertise to help you transition quickly and effectively. We guarantee you will love your new home!
When you enlist the assistance of Vinny Steo and his team of real estate professionals, you will be working with some of the top-rated realtors in the state of Maryland. We guarantee that you will find the perfect home for you and your family, Our guarantees won’t come from other realtors.
Get Our Guarantees
Vinny knows that moving to a new location can be stressful, and he is dedicated to taking the anxiety and complications out of the process. He has a superb track record and offers the Buyer’s Cancellation Guarantee, so you can rest assured that you will be going through the home buying process with absolutely no risk.
Are you and your family excited about moving to Harford County and exploring everything that the Piedmont Plateau and Chesapeake Bay have to offer? Awesome! Contact Vinny now to get your FREE Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide, absolutely FREE!
With this guide, you will find out everything you need to know about Harford County, including essential information like cost of living, climate, more attractions in the area, healthcare options, and much more. Give Vinny a call today at 410-220-0016 or fill out the form below to start your journey.
Our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo is looking forward to helping you and your family find the ideal home in Harford County whenever you are ready!