Have you and your family decided to move to a new location? There are lots of factors to consider during that process, and it is vital that you find out everything you can about your new home. We are real estate professionals who are dedicated to providing you with all of the information, resources, and tools necessary to have a successful moving experience. With our assistance, you will be able to move to Baltimore City and begin living the ideal life.
When you want to feel like a local and learn everything there is to know about a place, that is where our realtors can play a vital role. We have developed the Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide using our experience and firsthand knowledge of Baltimore City, and that is just one of the reasons why Vinny Steo has been chosen as one of the area’s top realtors.
The transition from one location to another can be a very challenging process, and our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo is here to provide you with all of the assistance you need. From questions about the home buying process to concerns about getting acquainted with your new home town, we are available to ensure you feel like a local. Let’s start with some fun and interesting facts about your new town:
Fast Facts on Life in Baltimore City
- Surrounded by Baltimore County but it is politically independent of the county
- Population: 586,131 with a 0.1% decline since 2020
- Median salary: $41,819
- Averages 205 days of sunshine a year
- Most populous city in the state of Maryland
- Home to some of the earliest National Register Historic Districts in the nation
Best Places to Eat in Baltimore City
Once you have decided to move to Baltimore City, you will quickly find out that the dining options in and around the city are numerous. Baltimore is home to a variety of restaurants that utilize their chef’s talents and innovations as well as traditional cuisines from around the world. Your taste buds will be taken on a journey every time you venture out and find a new restaurant to visit in your new home.
As you might expect, seafood is an important staple in Baltimore, and you can find many great eateries which highlight the fresh catch of the day. Some of the most popular include Thames Street Oyster House, LP Steamers, Mama’s on the Half Shell, Nick’s Fish House, Ouzo Bay, and Rusty Scupper. You simply can’t miss out on trying the famous Baltimore crab cakes at each and every location!
Another exceptional highlight of choosing to live in Baltimore City is the abundance of international food options.
Here are a few of the top-rated eateries serving cuisine from all around the world:
- Clavel: To get a taste of Mexican cuisine like you have never had it before, you will want to make a reservation at Clavel. The Sinaloan-inspired menu will have you in awe, if you are able to take your eyes away from the Insta-worthy ambiance of this mezcaleria and taqueria. Be sure to try the homemade tortillas that still use the head chef’s own family recipe!
- Le Comptoir du Vin: This French restaurant was ranked as one of America’s hottest new restaurants in 2019 by Bon Appétit, and one meal will show you why. The menu is limited and changes daily, but you simply cannot go wrong with any of the dishes.
- Azumi: Located within the Four Seasons, you will find this Japanese grill that serves up traditional and sophisticated dishes featuring high-end ingredients such as wagyu short rib and miniature Japanese freshwater crabs. You can even find sushi made from fish that have been flown in from Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market.
- Sotto Sopra: Just about everyone has had an Italian dish during their lifetime, but not many have had them with the creative twists that are offered at Sotto Sopra. You can find traditional Italian dishes like shrimp and calamari as well as pumpkin raviolini, but they will be topped with amaretti cookies in a cream sauce! You have not likely had an Italian experience like that.
For an even more comprehensive list of all of the great eateries, cafes, and pubs in Baltimore City, check out our complete relocation guide or even go on a culinary tour.
Best Things to Do in Baltimore City
As the most populous city in the state of Maryland, you can rest assured that you will find plenty of things to do and see while you are living there. From parks to historic monuments, museums to distilleries, and everything in between, Baltimore has something for everyone in your family.
One particular location everyone loves is the Inner Harbor. You will find lots of great restaurants and shops to visit as well as the opportunity to take a sightseeing cruise or go on a tour of historic ships like the USS Constellation. You can even just take a walk or go for a run at Inner Harbor and get full enjoyment out of this location.
When it comes to arts and music, Baltimore is a top destination. During the summer, more than 350,000 people come to Baltimore for the Artscape art festival. You will find some of the most interesting artists all gathered, and the festival is 100% free. Works from over 150 artists and designers will be on display. In addition to the thriving art community, the music scene is just as vibrant. In 2008, Rolling Stone named Baltimore the “City with the Best Music Scene” and it caters to all tastes in music. Whether you enjoy classical music (check out the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra), rap, rock, or jazz, you will find a place in Baltimore.
Finally, people have called Baltimore “The City That Reads” since 1987, and it is proud of that title. There is a thriving literary scene, and the city nurtures the love of reading in its citizens with the CityLit Project. Additionally, you can visit the home and gravesite of one of our country’s most famous writers, Edgar Allan Poe to see what and who inspired his works.
What Parks and Trails Are There?
Baltimore is a large city, and residents will find plenty of parks and trails to enjoy the outdoors within its limits. For hiking, biking, historic sites, and other outdoor activities, be sure to check out the following parks, trails, and boardwalks:
- Gwynns Falls Trail
- Stony Run Park
- Stony Run WAlking Path
- Herring Run
- Jones Falls Trail
- Jones Falls Trail Boardwalk
- Lake Roland Park
- Winans Meadow
- Leakin Park
- It’s a Rock
- Linkwood Park
There are plenty more to add to this list, and you can find a comprehensive overview in the Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide.
What Is the Job Market Like?
When you move to Baltimore City, that means that you will be located in an area of the United States where job growth has been positive, increasing by 0.6% in the last year. Although the unemployment rate is slightly higher than the national average (7.9% vs 6%), you can still find well-paying jobs in a variety of fields. In those jobs, the average salary throughout the city is over $41,819.
The top paying industries include legal, architecture/engineering, computer/math, and management. The outlook for future job growth in the county is 25.13%.
Interested in working for some of the top employers in Baltimore City? Some of the major local companies include:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Under Armour
- BRT Laboratories
- American Sugar Refining
There are a wide variety of employment opportunities throughout the county, depending on your particular areas of expertise and experience.
Are There Good Schools?
Those who are parents in Baltimore City obviously want to find great schools for their children. Throughout the county, there are 422 schools: 311 public schools and 111 private schools.
The city itself spends $16,838 per student (more than the national average). There are 16 pupils per teacher, 984 per librarian, and 683 per counselor. Overall, parents have a wide variety of choices for their kids and are sure to find the right school that meets their needs. Some of the top primary and secondary schools include:
- Carver Vocational-Technical High School: first African-American vocational high school in Maryland
- Digital Harbor High School: emphasizes information technology
- Lake Clifton Eastern High School: largest school campus in Baltimore (physical size)
- Frederick Douglass High School: 2nd oldest African-American high school in the U.S.
- Baltimore City College: 3rd oldest public high school in the U.S.
- Western High School: oldest public all-girls school in the nation
Baltimore also provides home to several colleges and universities, both public and private. More than 100,000 college students attend the 12 accredited 2-year and 4-year colleges here. These institutions of higher learning include:
- Johns Hopkins University
- Baltimore International College
- Loyola University Maryland
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Notre Dame of Maryland
- Baltimore City Community College
- Coppin State University
- Morgan State University
- University of Baltimore
Students of every grade level and vocation will be able to find the perfect institution when they live in Baltimore.
Let Vinny Steo and His Team Help You!
As you can see, Baltimore has so much to offer when it comes to arts, culture, music, education, and much more. If you have decided to make Baltimore your new home, our team of real estate professionals is here to make sure you have everything you need before you begin your move.
To get all of the resources and tools you need, simply fill out the form below with the requested information to receive the Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide at absolutely no cost!
If Baltimore seems like the perfect place for you and your family to call home, make sure to contact us to have the easiest and least stressful experience possible. Vinny Steo and his team have the knowledge, skills, and expertise to help you transition quickly and effectively. We guarantee you will love your new home!
When you enlist the assistance of Vinny Steo and his team of real estate professionals, you will be working with some of the top-rated realtors in the state of Maryland. They guarantee that you will find the perfect home for you and your family, and his guarantees are not found with any other realtors.
Get Out Guarantee
Vinny knows that moving to a new location can be stressful, and he is dedicated to taking the anxiety and complications out of the process. He has a superb track record and offers the Buyer’s Cancellation Guarantee, so you can rest assured that you will be going through the home buying process with absolutely no risk.
Are you and your family excited about moving to Baltimore City and exploring everything that this unique and expansive location has to offer? Awesome! Contact Vinny now to get your FREE Ultimate Maryland Relocation Guide, absolutely FREE!
With this guide, you will find out everything you need to know about Baltimore City, including essential information like cost of living, climate, more attractions in the area, healthcare options, and much more. Give Vinny a call today at 410-220-0016 or fill out the form below to get started.
Our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo can’t wait to help you and your family find the ideal home in Baltimore City whenever you are ready!