Fast Facts About Middle River, MD
What to know about living in Middle River.
- Baltimore: 27mins
- Washington, D.C.: 1hr 12mins
- Philadelphia: 1hr 43mins
- Baltimore – 28mins
- Individual: $35,897
- Household: $65,947
Type of location: CDP
Why is Middle River a Nice Place to Live?
Middle River is a scenic community just outside of Baltimore that offers quick access to the peaceful creeks of the Chesapeake Bay. Boasting sought-after restaurants, trendy shops, and family-friendly activities. Middle River attracts both visitors and residents alike due to its amenities around Baltimore. Those living in Middle River feel a true sense of pride and joy.
Middle River offers high-quality public schools within Baltimore City Public Schools. Its mission is to provide a foundation for learning that acknowledges diverse needs and common goals to prepare students for success in college and in the global workforce.
What is Middle River Known For?
Middle River is known as the town that supported workers of the Martin Aerospace Company during the 1930s and 1940s. During World War II, the area was dubbed “Little Appalachia” during WWII since migrants settled in the area from the mountains. Today, Middle River is known for offering beautiful views and quiet neighborhoods. Those living in Middle River enjoy the charm of the quaint town.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Middle River?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Middle River with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Carson’s Creekside Restaurant, a casual eatery & bar with water views, serving seafood/steak & American fare, with events & music.
- Vinces Crab House, a take-out spot selling fresh & steamed-to-order crab, plus other prepared seafood specialties.
- By The Docks Seafood Restaurant, for American classics with emphasis on seafood, plus a Sunday brunch buffet in simple confines.
- Silver Moon Diner, an old-timey joint offering diner classics from pancakes & triple-decker sandwiches to American mains.
- Little China Restaurant, a long-running operation offering dine-in & carry-out Chinese dishes in a modest space.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Middle River, MD check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 410-220-0016 to get immediate help.