Fast Facts About Essex, MD
What to know about living in Essex.
- Baltimore: 22mins
- Washington, D.C.: 1hr 2mins
- Philadelphia: 1hr 32mins
- Baltimore – 26mins
- Individual: $32,337
- Household: $59,426
Type of location: CDP
Why is Essex a Nice Place to Live?
Essex is a beautiful suburb of Baltimore that is an ideal location for families. Boasting family-friendly parks, delicious eateries, and trendy shopping, Essex offers quick access to various destinations in and around Baltimore. Those living in Essex enjoy the friendly neighbors.
Essex offers high-quality public schools within Baltimore County Public Schools. Its vision is to increase achievement for all students while preparing a variety of pathways to prepare students for career and college, in a safe, orderly, and caring environment for students and staff.
What is Essex Known For?
Essex is known for its ideal location to all desirable areas of Baltimore while creating the peace and quiet that both residents and visitors alike are looking for. From Rocky Point Beach and Park to Essex Farmers’ Market, those living in Essex can always find what they’re looking for.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Essex?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Essex with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Pizza John’s, a roomy long-running (since 1966) stop for pizza, pasta, subs & other Italian fare, plus beer & wine.
- Crazy Tuna Bar & Grille, a lively hangout with seafood, burgers & other American eats, plus a tiki bar & outdoor beach seating.
- Schultz’s Crab House, where steamed crabs, crab cakes & crab “fluff” top the menu at this old-school joint with a full bar.
- Brewers Landing, a casual waterfront spot serving American fare & cocktails in unfussy surrounds with outside seating.
- Mr. Bill’s Terrace Inn Crab House, an informal eatery & sports bar known for its steamed crabs, seafood & other hearty American fare.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Essex, MD check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 410-220-0016 to get immediate help.