When it comes to living in a part of Pennsylvania, you simply can’t go wrong with taking up residence in the county which is home to the capital of the state. Dauphin County is historical and filled with plenty of opportunities for growth and flourishing.
The county was created on March 4, 1785, and was named after Louis Joseph, the Dauphin of France and first son of King Louis XVI. You can also learn all about the 1979 nuclear core meltdown at the Three Mile Island Nuclear Generating Station which closed in 2019.
Fast Facts on Life in Dauphin
- Distance to Hershey, PA: 15.1 miles
- Population: 286,401
- Median household income: $66,480
- County Seat: Harrisburg
What Are The Best Restaurants in the Harrisburg Area?
At some point, you and your family are going to get hungry and want to find somewhere to eat. Throughout Harrisburg, you will find plenty of great eateries and restaurants that are sure to satisfy any appetite. Some of the top-rated ones include:
- Mangia Qui: classic Italian cuisine made with local ingredients and served in a warm and welcoming atmosphere complete with framed art and an available tapas bar upstairs
- Home 231: farm-to-table style dining featuring regional American dishes with freshly sourced local ingredients
- Cork & Fork: Italian restaurant and wine bar in a brick-walled building that serves pizza, pasta, and small plates
- Millworks: restaurant and bar featuring fresh local fare located in a lofty space designed with reclaimed timber and art galleries
- The Sturges Speakeasy: American pub food accompanied by craft beer and cocktails served on a rooftop deck
There are plenty of restaurants for you and your family to explore, and these are just a quick taste of the culinary delights that await you in Dauphin County.
What Is There to Do in Dauphin?
Not only do you need to have a great home in which to live and make memories, but you also need to have opportunities for adventure and fun. In Dauphin County, there are lots of things for you and your family to do and explore, including:
- Echo Dell Indian Echo Caverns
- Wildwood Park
- Hershey Gardens
- Millersburg-Liverpool Ferry
- Lake Tobias Wildlife Park
- The National Civil War Museum
Whatever you are hoping to find, you can count on something fun in and around Dauphin County.
Dauphin Attractions Are Waiting For You
There are a wide variety of attractions that are waiting for you and your family in Dauphin County, and you will certainly have new and exciting experiences in each of them. Be sure not to miss out on such locations as The Wolf Sanctuary of PA, Echo Dell Indian Echo Caverns, Tiny World,. The Whoopie Pie Festival, T&D’s Cats of the World, The Pioneer Tunnel, Highpoint Scenic Vista & Recreation Area, and much more. You’ll never be bored in Dauphin County.
How Much Does It Cost To Live in the Harrisburg Area?
According to realtor.com, the median sales price for a home in Harrisburg has increased 20.3% since last year. This equates to $239,900 for the average home in the area. When it comes to the combination of housing, child care, food, transportation, healthcare, taxes, and other necessities for regular adult life, the costs are about $4,452 per month.
Best Schools in Dauphin
For those who have children and will need to transfer to a school in the area, Dauphin has many top-rated schools including:
- Hershey High School
- Infinity Charter School
- Hershey Middle School
- Hershey Intermediate Elementary School
- Capital Area School for the Arts Charter School
- Covenant Christian Academy
With great ratings at all of these schools, you can rest assured that your children will receive an excellent education in Dauphin County!
Ready to Move to Dauphin, Pennsylvania? Vinny Steo and His Team Have Your Back
Ready to move into Dauphin County, Pennsylvania? If so, be sure you check out this guide for all of the basic information you need to start getting to know your future home. Also, make sure you contact our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo to get the resources, tools, and experience you need to achieve your real estate goals. We ensure you get the best possible price.
Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo is dedicated to your 100% customer satisfaction, and our realtors will do everything we can to ensure that happens. Whenever you are thinking about moving, be sure to give us a call at 410-220-0016 or fill out the form on this page to get a detailed response from one of our experienced and skilled realtors.
Our team can’t wait to hear from you!