Have you decided that now is the time to move into a new location that offers opportunities for learning and growth? If you are looking for an area of Pennsylvania that has extensive history dating back to the Civil War and is very close to the state capital, then you may be interested in checking out the real estate in Cumberland County. The area is beautiful, historical, and has plenty to offer families, individuals, and seniors. When you move into Cumberland County, such as the county seat of Carlisle, you can rest assured that you and your family will always have a pleasant life.
Fast Facts on Life in Cumberland County
- Distance to Harrisburg, PA: 25 miles
- Population: 259,469
- Median household income: $31,627
- County Seat: Carlisle
What Are The Best Restaurants in the Carlisle Area?
While you are visiting or starting your new life in Carlisle or other areas of Cumberland County, you and your family may begin to feel peckish. That means you need to seek out a great restaurant with plenty of delicious options. Here are the top 5 restaurants in the area that are sure to please any appetite:
- Momma Spriggs Restaurant: excellent new American breakfast, lunch, and dinner options in a relaxed and comforting atmosphere
- Mays Family Restaurant: classic family dishes for breakfast and lunch in a warm and friendly environment
- Hamilton Restaurant: mom & pop eatery most known for their specialty hot dogs as well as breakfast options
- Pad Thai Restaurant: classic and authentic Thai flavors in lunch and dinner options and the convenience of a strip mall location
- Diener’s Restaurant: breakfast options abound in this quaint townhouse adorned with homey decor
All of these restaurants and many more are just some of the options that await you when you visit or move to Cumberland County.
What Is There to Do in Cumberland County?
Whether you are looking for an outdoor adventure or a learning experience, you will have plenty of options in Cumberland County. Here are some of the top things to do and see in the county:
- Appalachian Trail hiking
- Kings Gap Environmental Education Center
- Cumberland County County Historical Society
- U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center/USAHEC
- Williams Grove Speedway
- Carlisle Events at the fairgrounds
- Central Pennsylvania youth Ballet
- H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center at Shippensburg University
- Capital City Mall
No matter what you and your family or friends are looking to enjoy, you are sure to find something interesting, educational, or adventurous in Cumberland County county.
Cumberland County State Parks Are Waiting For You
Among the many fun things you can expect to do in Cumberland County are the state parks of the area. These include Colonel Denning State Park and Pine Grove Furnace State Park. There are lots of outdoor recreational activities to engage in, lakes to enjoy, and sights to see. You and your family can spend hours (even days) in these parks before you can fully explore everything they have to offer.
How Much Does It Cost To Live in the Carlisle Area?
According to Redfin, the median sales price for a home in Carlisle has increased 21.4% since last year. This equates to $310,000 for the average home in the area. When it comes to the combination of housing, child care, food, transportation, healthcare, taxes, and other necessities for regular adult life, the costs are about $38,233 per year. This is higher than the state average but slightly lower than the national average.
Best Schools in Cumberland County
For those who have children and will need to transfer to a school in the area, Cumberland County has many top-rated schools in the Cumberland County Valley School District. These include:
- Hampden Elementary School
- Shaull Elementary School
- Winding Creek Elementary School
- Mountain View Middle School
- Cumberland County Valley High School
With solid A ratings at all of these schools, your kids are sure to get a great education!
Ready to Move to Cumberland County, Pennsylvania? Vinny Steo and His Team Have Your Back
If you are planning to move to Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, use this guide to help you determine whether or not this is the right place for you. Our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Vinny Steo is also happy to offer you insider information and resources to help you find the perfect home and to get a great deal.
We are dedicated to your 100% customer satisfaction, and our realtors will do everything we can to ensure that happens. Whenever you are thinking about moving, be sure to give us a call at 410-220-0016 or fill out the form on this page to get a detailed response from one of our experienced and skilled realtors.
Our team can’t wait to hear from you!